About Me

My Photo
Hi, I am from Oregon, OH also known as Oregon on the Bay, I work full time as an RN with hope to semi retire and write books on saving money. I am married to Jeff for 25 years and have 3 beautiful daughters, Jessica 25, Kara 23 and Kristie 16. My main goal is to be debt free!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Putting Life Back Into Old Cars

My husband is a car mechanic. He doesn't have his own shop, but loves to tinker around with our cars. I really can't understand why he doesn't do this all the time, because he is so good at it. Nothing is more rewarding to him to fix up an old car and put new life back into it. Trust me with my three daughters he's did this more than once. A few years back we bought a 1984 Plymouth Reliant for my sixteen year old daughter. Yes, it was one of those cars that just went to church and back on Sunday mornings. Naturally she hated the car, it wasn't up to her standards. It was a boxy brownish sedan looking car. Needless to say she drove the car for two years. When we bought it, it didn't even run and of course the tires were flat. It no time at all and under five hundred dollars the car was running. Good thing he didn't need a new air oil separator for his air compressor, that would have only added to the bill. My husband doesn't get a lot of fancy equipment, but he knows how important it is to maintain his air compressor. I just wish he'd learn how to pick up the garage a little better.

Yes, once in a while he does need to replace of few things, and it makes me cringe. I know how important that air compressor is to him. Ingersoll rand compressor parts would have all of the parts he could ever want. They deal in wholesale parts and hopefully my husband could get a great deal on them. Right now we're nursing my daughter's car with 150,000 miles on it. I'm hoping he can keep the old buggy running for another year or two. I really don't see a new car coming her way anytime soon in the future.

2 comments:

  1. HI I’m Jacqui from http://blog.wackyjacquisdesigns.com/ and I’m loving your blog =) I am following now and hoping you can do the same back….. Great content.
    Please stop bye xoxo Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping an old car in good working condition requires skill and dedication. It looks like your husband has both. You have a point: with his talent, it is only natural to expect him to have his own car shop. Anyway, at the end of the day, it is still his decision to make.

    Angelica Emmanuel

    ReplyDelete