About Me

My Photo
Hi, I am from Oregon, OH also known as Oregon on the Bay, I work full time as an RN with hope to semi retire and write books on saving money. I am married to Jeff for 25 years and have 3 beautiful daughters, Jessica 25, Kara 23 and Kristie 16. My main goal is to be debt free!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Downtown Toledo Style

Eatting out in downtown Toledo is one of my favorite places to be. Tonight we sampled a new restaurant, Ole Taco and Tequila Bar. It just opened yesterday. We sampled the sizzling Fajitas, and I mean sizzling all the way to your table. We had the chicken and shimp. The price $11.99 each. I have to admit with the extra shells there was plenty to share. Easily a meal for 2. The chips and salsa were a little lacking. Our first baskets were cold and way too salty. The next baskets were fairly warm. The salsa does have a little zip here, but I thought it made it quite tasty.



Now on to the margaritas. Priced right at $5. The glass had to be at least 16oz, but way too much ice. I had strawberry, it was made just right, with a touch of sugar arounfd the rim. FYI pop's pricey here $2.79.

Our watress was great and even offered to take picture for us. She gets an "A' for effort but a "D" in the blurred picture skills. No complaints here. Great service. Not for the habdicapped though, restroom was located downstairs.

The weather was so nice we walked around town. Here's a place called Players, nice store front huh? Yes, downtown Toledo is coming alive, let's Go Mud Hens!

2 comments:

  1. $11.99 is great if 2 people can eat for that price.
    $5 drinks 'ritas....I'm there!lol
    Love the Sgt. Pepper's facade on that building...what's the business??....a bar?

    ReplyDelete