About Me

My Photo
Hi, I am from Oregon, OH also known as Oregon on the Bay, I work full time as an RN with hope to semi retire and write books on saving money. I am married to Jeff for 25 years and have 3 beautiful daughters, Jessica 25, Kara 23 and Kristie 16. My main goal is to be debt free!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Redneck Garden

The first picture shows a true Redneck Garden, tomatoe and pepper plants up front and between the dying tulip plants. Yes I know in my front yard! (with a hose just left there)
This is my huge garden outback, more pepper plants, broccoli plants and watermelon plant. As you can tell this is No Lasagne garden!


Here are our dying tomatoe plants in their cages. We broke down last night and brought Miracle Gro with the bottles that attach to a sprinkler, I'll let you know how that helps, or kills my plants. This was a rollback price for $13.



The best part of our garden, green beans. These were planted earlier and closer to our fanced in area, ha, in the back of our house. They seem to be doing pretty good.


Another picture of the beans. We actually weeded them and used the Miracle Gro on them too.



These are the Geraniums I planted in our brick planters out back. You should have seen these before since they are in my pots on my front porch too, along with my patio furniture that has no cushions! There you have it, my upfront and honest showing of how great the Redneck Garden is doing. Paula, I hope you are happy!





6 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!! Your beans look like they are doing fabulous and the space you have is huge!! what else are you growing? How are the watermelons doing? I wanted to plant them but ran out of room...have you done them before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely satisfied...lol. It is so early in the season to be too worried about it, and the beans are looking great, mine are not that far. Maybe try watering really good and add a thin layer of grass clippings around to keep the water in and the weeds out. That might help get things going some. As for the hose laying around you didn't see the pictures of the areas I haven't done anything with yet...lol that is a whole story in itself. The best part is you got it started. Lets give it two more weeks and show pictures again, I bet there is a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see a photo of all these plants, when they are ripe and ready to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's all looking good to me! And besides, I like my red neck friends - and their gardens! ;-) Just don't ask about mine... okay?

    All this talk of planting and growing and watering is killing me though! We're starting to green up a bit now that winter's on it's way, but I'm getting danged hungry for home grown veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well girls...thanks for the kind comments! Will let you know and see the verdict in about 2 weeks. We have 2 1/2 acres, you know, chicks, garden ahhhh the country life. (Ha! I grew up in an apartment in Toledo)We're doing the best we can, its a struggle, but oh so comical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great. We just planted ours part day before yesterday and today! It was below freezing for the last two weekends up here in MAINE! It has been raining for 2 days straight but today we finally had some sunshine. My Peas didn't make it through the rain, they are still hanging on but just barely. I am going to plant some more and see how they do. Your garden looks awesome compared to mine, since mine was just planted! LOL

    ReplyDelete